ORSU, Portland’s premiere rugby club, is a club with a bright future built on a solid historical foundation.
ORSU’s mission as a club is to attract, develop and retain the best rugby talent in the Portland community. We do this by sharing what we have learned throughout our 40-year history and by expanding our facilities to support our growth and passion for the game.
ORSU’s ambition is to achieve consistent success on the pitch, underwritten by a sustainable business model that produces excellence both on and off the field.
To be a source of pride to all who are associated with ORSU and to be seen as a leader in developing youth and adult rugby in our community through:
- Creating a preferred recreational option for our members – families, players and fans alike
- Expanding our current facilities to include a new clubhouse, two match-ready rugby pitches, upgraded parking and recurring operational revenue
- Challenging our players to be the best athletes possible with an emphasis on fitness and skill development, while promoting the growth and awareness of the great sport of rugby
- Encouraging our members and teams to give back to the broader community
These values are what attract players to the sport of rugby and what keep us committed to it. These are what ORSU rugby has to offer and they go well beyond the pitch and the clubhouse:
- Athleticism – a focus on physicality, discipline and growth
- Commitment – to teamwork, to the club and to camaraderie
- Respect and Sportsmanship – for the game, our teams, our opponents, our fans and the officials
- Community – a sense of belonging and the opportunity to give back